If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about Bible translations and how the translation process works, you won’t want to miss this episode of the Church Grammar podcast with Dr. Thomas Schreiner.
In this episode Dr. Schreiner discusses:
- The major revision of the HCSB to the CSB (5:55)
- How translators work through “formal” and “dynamic” renderings (10:28)
- How a translator tries to keep his/her presuppositions out of translation (26:10)
- What pastors should consider when choosing a translation (33:27)
- Translation issues in developing language and culture (39:06)
Church Grammar is presented by B&H Academic and the Christian Standard Bible.